The Aberdeen Communities Together public meeting this coming Friday evening at 7 PM, at the Aberdeen Senior Center, 7 Franklin Street.
According to an ACT email, the topics of discussion may include:
1. The City Council is currently debating an “Environmental Control and Property Maintenance Ordinance No. 08-9” which, if enacted, would allow the City Government to decide WHEN a resident’s roof needs to be replaced or repaired, how and where they can stack firewood, to mention just a few of the things in this bill! This document has grown from the original 10± pages to thirty-four (34) pages total! We’ll talk a bit more about why it was not voted on at this last Monday’s City Council meeting and when you may expect to see it again! (We’ll have this document at the meeting too!)
2. Although the Council seems to want to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WHEN, they have not shown any interest in approving a Code of Conduct for their own self control. (This document will also be available!)
3. How does twenty-two million dollars ($22,000,000.00) sound for State required waste water treatment improvements? Wonder what that will do to our recently DOUBLED water/sewer bills? Come and talk about it!
4. I don’t know how anyone can miss reading in every newspaper all the hoops the County Executive and the State Governor are jumping through to reduce costs. In our view, it’s about time. What can WE do to help them, as well as our City Government, make the right decisions?
5. The Harford County Zoning Re-Write is also something that is on our agenda.
6. Copies of the unfavorable replies from the County and State on three recently P&Z approved annexations will be available also.
Lastly, I understand that there were several citizens at Monday’s Council meeting, many who spoke against Ordinance No. 08-9…. Thank you fellow citizens! Remember, you can see it all on TV tomorrow evening at 8 PM on Channel 21 (Comcast) on the Harford Cable Network.
Aberdeen Senior Center
7 Franklin Street
Aberdeen MD 21001
7 PM – October 17, 2008