From the Bel Air Police Department:
On Thursday, November 18, 2010, at approximately 10:40pm, investigators from the Bel Air Police Department arrested Rakin Raid Muhammad, age 20, of Parkville, MD for the murder of Derrick Maxey Jr. that occurred on July 2010 in Bel Air, MD.
Bel Air Police investigators received information that Muhammad was hiding out in a residence on Myrtle Avenue in Baltimore City. With the assistance of Baltimore Police Department’s Central District, Baltimore Police Department’s Homicide Unit, SWAT, Aviation and K9 units, they were able to execute a No Knock Search and Seizure warrant on Thursday, November 18, 2010 without incident. There has been an outstanding warrant for the arrest of Muhammad since July 2010, almost four months to the day since the death of Derrick Maxey Jr.
Muhammad was transported by Bel Air Police Department to the Harford County Detention Center, where he is currently being held without bail.
The Bel Air Police Department would like to recognize the following agencies for their assistance during the criminal investigation and subsequent fugitive investigation of Rakin Raid Muhammad.
• Harford County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigative Division
• Harford County Sheriff’s Office Court Services Division
• Harford County Sheriff’s Office Gang Suppression Unit
• Maryland State Police Warrant Apprehension Unit
• Baltimore County Police Career Criminal Unit
• New York Police Department Bronx Homicide
• Aberdeen Police Department Rapid Response Team
• Baltimore Police Department Homicide Unit
• Baltimore Police Department SWAT Team
• Baltimore Police Department Aviation
• Baltimore Police Department K9