From the Maryland State Fire Marshal:
On December 11, 2010, at 8:17 pm, Aberdeen and Abingdon fire departments responded to a reported house fire at 101 Spesutia Road, Aberdeen, Harford County. The fire involved a one story wood framed single family dwelling.
The fire was caused by an occupant of the dwelling attempting to light an interior fireplace using gasoline. The flash fire which occurred caused approximately $200.00 dollars damage to the dwelling and sent three individuals to area hospitals. The three injured received second degree burns that are considered to be non-life threatening.
Danielle Whitley, 33, and an eleven month old female were transported by Aberdeen EMS and an eleven year old female was transported by Abingdon EMS. The adult victim was admitted to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center and the juveniles were transported to Johns Hopkins
Pediatric Trauma Center.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office urges all Maryland residents to refrain from the use of gasoline when lighting household and recreational fires.