Aberdeen Mayor Mike Bennett will present his annual State of the City Address and Budget Message Monday night, before he and the city council delve into several contentious topics including the new budget, amendments to the Aberdeen Police Department pension plan, and the annexation of Chapel Estates on Hiob Lane.
On the agenda for Monday night’s city council meeting are a pair of resolutions dealing with the Chapel Estates/Hiob Lane (For Introduction) and the APD pension plan (For Introduction and Adoption) and a pair of ordinances regarding the fiscal year 2011-2012 budget and introducing a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) office building tax subclass.
Also Monday night, the mayor and city council will present a proclamation in Observance of Silver Star Service Banner Day on May 1 and will consider approval of a revolving loan fund for Carsin’s Steakhouse, 984 Beards Hill Road.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in Aberdeen City Hall.
The full agenda is listed below:
CITY OF ABERDEEN COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, April 25, 2011, 7:00 p.m.
Call to Order – Roll Call
Opening Prayer – Pastor Bob Clipp, Grace United Methodist Church
Pledge of Allegiance – Councilman Garner
Approval of Minutes: Council Meeting, April 11, 2011
1. Proclamation in Observance of Silver Star Service Banner Day on May 1
2. Mayor’s State of the City and Budget Message
PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
PUBLIC COMMENT: No more than five (5) minutes shall be given to any individual speaking unless the Council determines otherwise.
1. Resolution No. 11-R-02, Chapel Estates/Hiob Lane (For Introduction)
2. Resolution No. 11-R-04, APD Pension Plan, Fifth Amendment (For Introduction and Adoption)
3. Ordinance No. 11-O-04, Budget FY 2011-2012 (For Introduction)
4. Ordinance No. 11-O-05, LEED Office Building Tax Subclass (For Introduction)
BUSINESS OF THE CITY:
1. Unfinished Business
2. New Business
3. Business from Director of Planning & Community Development
– Aberdeen Revolving Loan Fund Approval – Hospitality LLC, 984 Beards Hill Road (aka Carsin’s Steakhouse)
4. Business from Chief of Police
5. Business from Director of Finance
6. Business from Director of Public Works
– Budget Amendment
7. Business from City Manager
BUSINESS OF COUNCIL:
1. Business from the City Council
2. Business from the Mayor
Next Council Meeting: Monday, May 9, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
Next Council Work Session: Monday, May 16, 2011 at 4:00 p.m.