From the Maryland State Police:
(Harford County, MD) – Troopers have turned up the heat to rid our highways of aggressive/ impaired drivers and criminal offenders traveling throughout Harford County.
Motorists who feel they can drive without regard for safety or use our highways to aid in committing criminal acts will eventually encounter a trooper. On Thursday, June 10, 2011, 20 Maryland State Troopers were dispersed throughout Harford County to continue to spread this message. This force supplemented nine troopers that were already working regular shifts in Harford County throughout the day and evening.
During the initiative, troopers assigned to patrol northern Harford County concentrated primarily on traffic enforcement. Troopers assigned southern Harford County concentrated on both traffic enforcement and community interaction. There were 95 vehicles stopped with 53 citations and 86 warnings being issued.
The following arrests were made:
1. Jones, Rickey Recardo, 36, Fountain Rock Way, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession with intent to distribute CDS.
2. Elza, David Michael, 23 , Frenchtown Road, Perryville, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS and DUI
3. Shivers, Eugene Kwesi, 25 yoa, Kerry Court, Aberdeen, Maryland, arrested for possession of an open warrant
4. Dunn, Kurt Andrew, 20 yoa, Perryville, Maryland, arrested for DUI and Assault
5. Holloway Jr., Forman Lee, 20 yoa, Grempler Way, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS
6. Kelley, Jazmin Denise, 20 yoa, Crimson Tree Court, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS
7. Mesher-Bettino, Carrie, 36 yoa, Garden Drive, Forest Hill, Maryland, arrested for DUI
8. Walker 2nd, Allen Leroy, 41 yoa, Waverly Drive, Bel Air, Maryland, arrested for open warrant
The citizens of Harford County can expect similar operations in the future to continue to enhance safety on our roadways and in our communities.