Maryland State Police Target Harford County with Criminal Enforcement Initiative

From the Maryland State Police:

(Harford County, MD) – Troopers have turned up the heat to rid our highways of aggressive/ impaired drivers and criminal offenders traveling throughout Harford County.

Motorists who feel they can drive without regard for safety or use our highways to aid in committing criminal acts will eventually encounter a trooper. On Thursday, June 10, 2011, 20 Maryland State Troopers were dispersed throughout Harford County to continue to spread this message. This force supplemented nine troopers that were already working regular shifts in Harford County throughout the day and evening.

During the initiative, troopers assigned to patrol northern Harford County concentrated primarily on traffic enforcement. Troopers assigned southern Harford County concentrated on both traffic enforcement and community interaction. There were 95 vehicles stopped with 53 citations and 86 warnings being issued.

The following arrests were made:

1. Jones, Rickey Recardo, 36, Fountain Rock Way, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession with intent to distribute CDS.
2. Elza, David Michael, 23 , Frenchtown Road, Perryville, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS and DUI
3. Shivers, Eugene Kwesi, 25 yoa, Kerry Court, Aberdeen, Maryland, arrested for possession of an open warrant
4. Dunn, Kurt Andrew, 20 yoa, Perryville, Maryland, arrested for DUI and Assault
5. Holloway Jr., Forman Lee, 20 yoa, Grempler Way, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS
6. Kelley, Jazmin Denise, 20 yoa, Crimson Tree Court, Edgewood, Maryland, arrested for possession of CDS
7. Mesher-Bettino, Carrie, 36 yoa, Garden Drive, Forest Hill, Maryland, arrested for DUI
8. Walker 2nd, Allen Leroy, 41 yoa, Waverly Drive, Bel Air, Maryland, arrested for open warrant

The citizens of Harford County can expect similar operations in the future to continue to enhance safety on our roadways and in our communities.

Comments

1. says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 6 Thumb down 27
    • Common Sense says

Obviously there was probable cause to even stop the vehicle. You shouldn’t judge all police officers based on perhaps a bad experience. Also there was only a single arrest made in Aberdeen and it was because the individual had an outstanding warrant. Not because he was searched for drugs.

Well-loved. Thumb up 8 Thumb down 3
    • Common Sense says

Besides if you read the article, it indicates that there were 95 vehicles stopped. I’m sure there were several diverse individuals who were stopped in Edgewood or Aberdeen and not just African Americans.

Well-loved. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 3
        • Common Sense says

I’m not a racist. I live a life full of very diverse friends and family. Black, white, asian, hispanic, middle eastern, european, and many others. You shouldn’t judge what you don’t know. You are unaware of what background/environment I come from. I haven’t disclosed my race since the color of skin is irrelevent.

Well-loved. Thumb up 12 Thumb down 3
        • Common Sense says

No not all names released were those of African Americans. Your comment questioned whether a white person was even stopped in Edgewood or Aberdeen. You’re absolutely right that I have no idea. I do not have proof that any white individuals were stopped there. I was simply commenting as well, that seeing as how there was 95 vehicles stopped… I highly doubt that all drivers were black. Where is your proof that all vehicles stopped were black?

Well-loved. Thumb up 16 Thumb down 3
    • Rob in Bel Air says

It seems you are the one who is racist for picking up on this and making an issue of it. By the way, how do you know they were all black, are you profiling based on their names or do you just happen to know all of them?

Well-loved. Thumb up 11 Thumb down 6
      • says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 6 Thumb down 21
        • Common Sense says

Maybe you didn’t do your research on Maryland Judiciary… There were 8 arrests that were released. 4 were African Americans and 4 were white. I’d say thats pretty even and diverse.

Well-loved. Thumb up 11 Thumb down 4
          • Newbie says

Notice how your fact-based comment was completely ignored?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 4
    • GG says

Maybe if you didn’t spend so much time humping bunnies you wouldn’t be such an idiot.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 6
    • Common Sense says

Another thing, just because the address indicates the person resides in Edgewood or Aberdeen, doesn’t mean they were stopped there. You should take your own advice by looking at Maryland Judiciary.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 4
    • Daddy Rabbit says

Wow! It’s precisely because of slow thinking like that displayed by BunnyHumper that discourages me. We will never ever have racial equality as long as the ignorance and intolerance displayed here continue.
      That’s why the old NAACP has become the NAACCP (National Association for the Advancement of CROOKED Colored People)!

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 5
    • The Truth says

Maybe because they were the ones who had the drugs on them…. that would be my guess.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0
  2. Carl Phillips says

I have had a few traffic citations issued to me from darker colored officers and female officers and I give them the proper honor and respect
    due them. I am a white guy and very tired of
    the unsubstantiated race-color accusations of
    racism. Thanks for your comments “Common Sense”

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 4
    • says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 6 Thumb down 21
  3. says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 4 Thumb down 20
    • Common Sense says

I’m not a redneck. Nor am I a police officer. I work in communications. I happen to be an educated individual who paid for my own college. I own my own home, my own vehicle, and pay for my own bills. Again you’re quick to judge and have no knowledge of my background/environment.

Well-loved. Thumb up 8 Thumb down 3
    • Floyd says

Need to get me one of those F.O.P. tags. I see them riding sone 95 aggressively all times of the day. It’s a friggin get out of jail card. It’s hard to say it’s not a cop when they’re in uniform too. If you want an eye opener, go by the FOP lodge on a Fri/Sat night and watch how many drunks drive off the lot. No every cop is involved but nearly every one looks the other way.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 6
      • Commuter says

Floyd,
        I AGREE with the comment about the F.O.P. tags. I head down 24 to 95 several days a week. There’s a lot of impatient arrogant drivers specifically at the ramp getting onto 95. SEVERAL times I’ve been disappointed to see F.O.P. tags on some of the rudest drivers. You’re not in your cruiser, there’s no public safety emergency, SLOW down officer leadfoot!

Well-loved. Thumb up 11 Thumb down 5
    • David A. Porter says

I’m not a police officer… although I am white… and do you think that your tone hides the fact that your commentary (however compassionate you may think you are) doesn’t sound like hate? You are just about as bad as the other anonymous posters that come here to spill their bile for the sake of inciting discussion not related to the story. I am happy the State Police identified people that were on warrants or found with possession of controlled substances. I wish this state had the guts to insist on drug testing for those that receive food, power and medical care exclusively on the public dime. If you fail to exercise your rights properly and modestly and insist on doing things that impact others without regards for their rights, you can expect intrusions into your driving on a public road.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 5
  4. Carl Phillips says

There was a time when I would see pictures of kkk demonstrations in Anne Arundel County as a kid in the 60′s. My dad was a policeman and a photographer at one time with the PD. I saw pictures of burning crosses, KKK demonstrations and other evidences of severe race tension.
    We have come along way conquering our black and white social tensions
    and foibles. There will never be a perfect world free from all discrimination and I think all of us experience an “unfair” level of discrimination due to any physical feature, origin,financial status or lack there of. We can only expect perfection from the one who is the source of perfection namely God and from my limited perspective His name is Jesus.
    Hey B.P., I hope you have a great weekend and your welcome at my home anytime. I’m sorry you feel as you do about our county and I hope your perspective changes for the better.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 5
  5. Rob in Bel Air says

I doubt that you did any case search before you started making your racist rant. Why don’t you tell us what you are all about . . .

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 6
  6. Rob in Bel Air says

That “Driving while Black” thing is an old, worn out claim. Let it go . . .

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 6
  7. Proud to be Liberal says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 5 Thumb down 22
    • Young Hipster says

@Proud to be Liberal, I see way too many gray-haired social security collecting Medicare over-using mean spirited too slow in the left lane driving idiots who rant loudly while alone in their car.

Hey Proud it’s time you surrender your driver’s license, don’t you think?

Well-loved. Thumb up 21 Thumb down 3
  8. HYDESMANN says

While the police are at it they should start handing out muffler tickets. I’m getting tired of almost every motorcycle, pickup trk and sports car running modified exhaust or no exhaust at all.

Well-loved. Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0
    • missing the quiet says

Amen! Hey, when I was 8 I put playing cards on my bike so the spokes would sound cool… then I turned 9 and grew out of it.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  9. says

Every time I leave my house I see a Sheriff Car. I was unaware that they needed help to patrol this county. Is the crime here so bad that xtra patrols are needed in this place. If so, me and my children will move to a safer place in Maryland.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1
    • Kev says

It’s the end of the fiscal year. They probably had some leftover money in their OT budget and decided to put it to good use…which is looks like they did if that was case.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0
  10. crimes ofpolice says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 9 Thumb down 28
  11. veryfine says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 24
  12. me racist? says

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 26
  13. mikey says

Those arrests weren’t made IN edgewood/Aberdeen. They arrestees just happened to be FROM edgewood/aberdeen.
    Many of the stops were initiated at the checkpoint in Abingdon.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 1
  14. says

don’t you see? this is an old trick of the government! they “the cops” have us hateing each other!…this is what they always do before they start stripping away our rights. most of you are probably too foolish or too proud to see it!..what makes you think that the harford co police are not cruisein around with a bottle under the seat and a joint in the ash tray?…i mean after all! they think they can do what ever they want because they’re immune to a citizen’s prying eye…”furwood”,is harford counties prime example,… trouble is, now all the harford co police criminals are in hideing, we won’t catch another for a long time … and you self righteous assholes who don’t like edgewood, get da hell out, who needs ya, go live with your brothers cousin’s uncle in w.virginia. ..lol, this white boy hates everyone equally, especially harford co pigs!… the “legal gang with guns”. the state police should pull them over for spot checks, but from what i hear they don’t want anything to do with hcpd?…oh! merry christmas to most of you!…enjoy what little time you have left

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0