Accidental Fire Guts Garage Attached to Fallston Home

An accidental fire heavily damaged a garage attached to a Fallston home Wednesday night, according to fire officials.

The fire was reported at approximately 7:45 p.m. at a home on the 2100 block of Harford Road in Fallston when a neighbor discovered a blaze in the interior of the home’s 20-foot by 20-foot garage.

Approximately 70 firefighters from the Fallston, Bel Air, Joppa, and Kingsville fire companies brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes. The blaze was ruled accidental, according to the state fire marshal’s office, and was caused by the homeowner’s riding lawnmower catching fire.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $75,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $25,000.