From the office of Del. Pat McDonough:
– Prospective Senate Candidate Pat McDonough declares President Obama violated the Constitution and should be “Impeached.”
– Delegate Pat McDonough is the Honorary Chairman of the most successful Petition Campaign in the history of the state of Maryland, placing the “Dream Act” on referendum.
– Delegate Pat McDonough maintains that President Obama has changed the Federal Immigration Act without the permission of the Congress.
– The four- term state lawmaker maintains that if he were a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, he would initiate the articles of impeachment process.
STATEMENT FROM DELEGATE McDONOUGH: “ President Obama has created a backdoor amnesty law for 15 million illegal aliens through an unlawful policy that circumvents Congress. The consequences and impact of this reckless action on the people of the United States is enormous.”
“Mr. Obama’s administration with its characterization of citizens as terrorists, creation of enemies’ lists, and the attack against state laws with tax payers’ financed litigation is beginning to make Richard Nixon look like a Boy Scout. Lawlessness and disrespect for justice are promoting the illegal alien agenda,” said Delegate McDonough.
OBAMA’S ASSAULT ON THE RULE OF LAW:
1. Forcing people to buy health insurance, the individual mandate has been losing in the courts.
2. Launching a war in Libya ignoring the WAR POWERS ACT.
3. Refusing to enforce the FEDERAL DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT.
4. Injecting race into the VOTING RIGHTS ACT. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. declined to prosecute new Black Panther Party members caught on video openly intimidating voters at a Philadelphia polling place in 2008. Two former Justice Department employees were told they should not enforce portions of the law, if the complainants are right.
5. Using the EPA to enforce a radical environmental agenda.
6. Allowing the FCC to grab the internet. Congress and a Federal Appeals Court rejected the Federal Communications Commission’s claim to have regulatory authority over the internet. Yet, the FCC released net neutrality rules.
7. Attacking the state for upholding the federal law. The Justice Department sued Arizona and other states for attempting to enforce the Federal Immigration Act.
8. Using the national Labor Relations Board as a goon squad. The NLRB sued to stop the Boeing Company from building a new plant in the “right to work” state of South Carolina because unions in Washington State objected. Nowhere in the Constitution does the federal government have the right to tell a business where they can operate. These examples were from an editorial in the Washington Times by Robert Knight, a senior fellow for the American Civil Rights Union.
9. Another heavy-handed intervention by the Obama administration has been their regulatory interference in the Gulf drilling process and other energy issues.
Delegate McDonough stated, “This litany of examples is designed to illustrate a consistent pattern of disrespect for the rule of law.”