From Harford County Public Schools:
The Board of Education of Harford County met in an open business meeting on Monday, December 12, 2011, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following the actions or received the following presentations:
Recognized the following: Fall 2011 HCPS State/Region Interscholastic Champions and Sportsmanship Awards
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Meetings:
November 14, 2011
November 21, 2011
November 28, 2011
– Decision on Resolution Regarding Dr. David F. Jaffe’s Service on the Ethics Panel of the Board of Education of Harford County
– Decision on Xerox Nuvera 288 Lease
– Decision on Contract Award for Upgrades to the Auditorium Lighting System – Havre de Grace High School
– Received a presentation on Board Strategic Plan Update #3 regarding Postsecondary Statistics and College Prep Information.
– Received a presentation on Partial Student Voting Rights by Student Representative on the Board of Education of Harford County Anthony B. Cofrancesco.
– Received the Superintendent’s Report which:
– 13 HCPS teachers have been awarded National Board Certification. They will be recognized at a future Board meeting.
– Six HCPS student pages were selected for the 2012 legislative session. The pages – Belawoe Akwakoku of Aberdeen High School, Christina McIntyre of Bel Air High, Adam Hiob of Aberdeen High, Julius Halstead of Patterson Mill High, Erin Chase of North Harford High and Leanna Pecorino of Joppatowne High – met and mingled with elected officials over breakfast this morning at Aberdeen High School. These students will also be recognized during an upcoming meeting.