From the Harford County Board of Education:
The Board of Education of Harford County met in an open business meeting on Monday, February 13, 2012, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions or received the following presentations:
Approved the Consent Agenda items:
Affirmation of Monthly Contract Awards
Minutes of Previous Meetings:
January 23, 2012
January 30, 2012
– Decision on School/Organization Sponsored Project Box Hill South Stream Restoration Project
– Decision on Contract for Purchase of School Buses
– Decision on Contract for Board Legal Services
– Decision on Approval of Addendum to the Harford County Education Association 2011-12 Collective Bargaining Agreement Regarding Distribution of Stipend
Addendum to the 2011-12 Collective Bargaining Agreement between HCPS and HCEA
Received the Legislative Update and took action on the following bills:
– SB 143 – Education – Comprehensive Master Plan — SUPPORT
Received a presentation regarding the Harford County Public Schools and Harford Community College Collaborations. This is the fifth presentation in a series to provide an update on the Board’s Strategic Plan.
Received the Superintendent’s Report:
– On Wednesday, February 15, Jason Parks will be recognized as a Rising Star in STEM Education at the state level
– Thursday, February 23, STEM and Beyond night will be held at Edgewood Middle School
– Dan Conway was recognized for his dedication in light of being hit by a car while riding his bike on the way to school. He called to check on his lesson plans from his hospital bed.
– Mentioned a letter received by Principal Stacey Gerringer of Fountain Green Elementary School in which she praised HCPS plumbers for installing new faucets in the kindergarten art room. She mentioned that they went above and beyond to install the very best for Fountain Green students.