A Darlington home was damaged in an accidental fire Monday afternoon which investigators said was ignited by discarded smoking materials.
According to a release from the state fire marshal’s office, a neighbor reported the fire burning on the front porch of a trailer home on the 1900 block of Franklin Church Road in Darlington shortly after 4:30 p.m. Monday. Five firefighters from the Darlington Volunteer Fire Company brought the blaze under control in about five minutes.
Damage to the home was estimated at $2,000. No damage was sustained to the home’s contents.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental, and had been triggered by discarded smoking materials.