From Harford County Public Schools:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for a special business meeting on Monday, March 26, 2012, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions or received the following presentations:
Recognized the following:
– HCPS Educator Hall of Fame – Dr. Gerald Scarborough
– 2011 Maryland Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council “Innovator of the Year” – Andrew Cassilly
– Winter 2012 MHSCCA State Cheerleading Winner – Harford Technical High School Cheerleading Squad
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of previous meetings; March 12, 2012
– Decision on School/Organization Sponsored Project: Patterson Mill Middle/High School Purchase and Install Scoreboard
– Decision on School Organization Sponsored Project: Southampton Middle School Green School Courtyard Project
– The Week of the Young Child
Approved the Superintendent’s recommendation to move forward with a refinance of the A.A. Roberty Building Certificates of Deposit and the energy performance leases. This refinancing strategy is slated to net the school system up to $700,000 in year one savings.
Received a Legislative Update from Patrick Spicer, Esq., school system counsel.
Received the Superintendent’s Report:
– Recognize high performers in 2010-11 on the MSA scores as acknowledged by the Maryland State Department of Education.
– Destination Imagination East Central Regional Competition was held in Harford County. Forty-one of 70 teams will advance to the state competition which is double the amount of those teams that moved forward last year. State finals will be held on Saturday, April 14th at UMBC.