From Harford County government:
Harford County Commission on Veterans’ Affairs is hosting Veterans’ Muster on Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 9:00am to noon. The event will be held at the William N. McFaul Activities Center located at 525 W. MacPhail Road, Bel Air, MD.
This is in an effort for the Harford County Commission on Veterans’ Affairs to serve the County’s Veterans and their families. All Veterans living in Harford and Cecil Counties are invited to participate in the Veterans’ Muster. Pre-registration is not required, but it is appreciated.
The Muster will include:
• Recognition for women who served in the Women’s Army Corps (WAC), Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), Women in the Air Force (WAF), Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES), and United States Coast Guard Women’s Reserve (SPAR)
• Recognition for Viet Nam era Veterans
• Briefing on Veterans’ benefits from Mr. Phil Surace, Supervisor of the Disabled American Veterans National Service Office in Baltimore
• Assistance for Veterans in requesting their military service records
• Veterans’ organizations’ information
• Chesapeak Shredding will be on site, 9:00 – 11:00 AM. Veterans may bring up to three (3) boxes of personal documents for disposal at no cost.
Any Harford County Veteran or resident who has concerns regarding Veterans’ or Veterans’ family member issues should contact Ms. Annie Brock, Chairperson, or any member of the Commission. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (443) 686-1484 Facebook: www.facebook.com/HarfordVeterans. If you would like to register for the Veterans’ Muster, please log onto http://harfordcecilveterans.org/go/veterans-muster-registration/