From Waste Industries:
As a Waste Industries customer and a citizen of Harford County, we wanted to make sure you were aware of the current discussions in your government that could put an end to free market competition, leaving you without a choice in who provides your waste and recycling collection.
The Harford County government is seeking to take away your right to decide which company you believe has earned the privilege of your business. Don’t give up your right to choose. We want to earn your business each and every day!
How Each Solution Works
You Pick the Hauler
– You pick your hauler based on who does the best job.
– If your hauler fails to do a good job, you can switch haulers, forcing every hauler to earn your business.
– You control how much you will pay, selecting a hauler based on your personal needs. The government has also eliminated cheap shingle recycling, forcing roofing companies to pay per cubic yard of shingles at the landfill. And as noted by Dumposaurus Dumpsters & Rolloff Rental, the dumps have taken advantage of this situation and are charging prices so high that it makes much more sense to rent a dumpster instead of using your own trailer for disposal.
– Haulers are forced to compete for your business, forcing better prices and better service every single day.
Government Picks the Hauler
– The government picks the hauler for you and your neighbors. You have no choice.
– If the hauler fails to do a good job, you cannot switch haulers. You are forced to use the government option.
– The government controls your billing, meaning they set the price and you are required to pay it without a choice.
– There is no ongoing competition until the contract period ends, so if you have a problem, you’re stuck with that vendor.
Tell Your Government Waste Collection is Your Choice!
Harford County held public meetings to discuss their plan on July 15. If you weren’t there, you have until August 15th to let the government know that you do not want them to control who collects your waste! Here’s how you can make sure your voice is heard:
Send an Email Before August 15th:
Call Your Government Before August 15th:
And Say: “I OPPOSE HARFORD COUNTY CONTROLLING WHO COLLECTS MY WASTE”
Earning your business has been the greatest honor imaginable. We want to keep collecting your waste not because the government says we, or anyone else, has to. We want to do it because we’re earning the title of Best Waste Hauler available. Keep your freedom to choose. Reach out to your government today!