An accidental electrical fire damaged a portion of the Wal-Mart store in Abingdon Tuesday night, fire officials said.
The fire was discovered in the garden center by an employee of the store, located in the 400 block of Constant Friendship Boulevard, shortly after 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office. A total of 30 firefighters from the Abingdon, Joppa-Magnolia, Bel Air, and Aberdeen Proving Ground fire companies responded to the scene and brought the blaze under control in approximately 30 minutes.
The fire was traced to an electrical failure in a “ceiling cord reel,” according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office, and was determined to be accidental in nature. Damage to the store was estimated at $10,000.
Leave a Reply