From the Bel Air Independence Day Committee, Inc.:
The Bel Air Independence Day Committee, Inc., the non-profit, all-volunteer group that produces the parade, fireworks and all other events in the Town of Bel Air each July 4th, announces that once again in 2015 it seeks to crown a Miss Bel Air Independence Day!
The title holder, the fifth consecutive, familiarly known as “Miss Bel Air,” will serve as hostess and participant in one of the region’s largest 4th of July celebrations, taking place from dawn to night on Friday, July 4, 2015, and will also help promote the event in the weeks leading up to the event.
Events on Independence Day include the flag-raising at 6:45 a.m. in front of Bel Air High School, the traditional Pancake Breakfast, the various family-friendly functions during the day, including the traditional competitive events, Uncle Sam Says, and the Watermelon Eating Contest! Finally, Miss Bel Air 2015 will lead the parade down Main Street in Bel Air at 6 p.m.
Miss Bel Air, representing Bel Air and the Bel Air Independence Day Committee, will compete for the title of Miss Maryland in late June, a part of the Miss America Pageant process.
To qualify for the position of MISS BEL AIR INDEPENDENCE DAY, an applicant must:
• Be a female at least 17 years old as of January 1, 2015, but no older than 24 by December 31, 2015.
• Be single and never have been married.
• Live, work full time, or attend school full time in Maryland. Residence in Bel Air, Maryland, is preferred but not mandatory.
• Be at least a high school senior as of the 2013-2014 academic year.
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization (q.v.).
• Should the applicant be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, be available to speak on behalf of the Bel Air Independence Day Committee to organizations such as the Harford County Council and the Town of Bel Air Commissioners.
• Should the applicant be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to commit the entire day of July 4, 2015, in Bel Air, Maryland, carrying out the duties of the position.
• Should the applicant be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to raise $250.00 for the Miss America National Platform: Children’s Miracle Network.
• Should the applicant be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to attend the Miss Maryland Pageant orientation meeting in the spring, and compete for the title of Miss Maryland from June 21-27, 2015, in Hagerstown, Maryland.
• Agree to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Maryland program, should the applicant win the title of Miss Maryland.
The position of MISS BEL AIR is chosen via interview. The deadline for communicating interest to the Committee via e-mail is February 21, 2015; the deadline for submitting a resume to the committee via e-mail is March 7, 2015. Interviews will be held in March, with the goal of choosing Miss Bel Air Independence Day 2015 by March 31, 2015.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS who conform to the above qualifications should send an e-mail of interest email@example.com by the deadline. More information is available on-line at the Committee’s web site:http://www.belairjuly4.org.