(Photo courtesy Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company)
A wooden pig barn was damaged in a small fire in the Bel Air area Monday morning, fire officials said.
The fire was reported just before 9 a.m. in a 10-foot by 10-foot pig barn in the 3000 block of Lochary Road in Bel Air, according to a statement from the State Fire Marshal’s Office. A total of 20 firefighters from the Bel Air and Darlington volunteer fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in approximately 20 minutes.
The fire was ruled accidental in nature, and was traced to electric heat lamps igniting nearby combustibles. Damage to the structure was estimated at $2,500, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.