From Harford County Public Schools:
February 23, 2015
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
– Ms. Amy Buddemeier, teacher at John Archer School- spoke about salary
– Consent Agenda:
– Monthly Report on Personnel
– Minutes of previous Board Meeting
– Action Item:
– Approved decision on Transfer of Funds Between Capital Projects, by Mr. Cornell Brown and Mr. Chris Morton
– Quarterly Financial Report for the Period Ending December 31, 2014, by Mr. Jim Jewell and Mr. Jay Staab
– Financial Management Practices Audit, by Mr. Jim Jewell and Ms. Jennifer Birkelien
– General Counsel, Patrick P. Spicer, will be speaking on the desegration of Harford County Public Schools at the Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Havre de Grace
– Thanked Ms. Beard and the facilities department for all the work that has been done to open schools during inclement weather season; it’s not just snow removal, but plumbing, heating, construction, and other departments that come together to open our facilities and schools as the weather can cause other issues in our buildings that must be fixed before students and staff can come to school.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, March 9, 2015 at 6:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.