A cat was rescued from an accidental fire which broke out in a Joppa townhome Friday afternoon.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m. in the living room of a townhome in the 1200 block of Plaza Circle in Joppa, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 30 firefighters from the Joppa-Magnolia, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Kingsville and White Marsh fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in approximately 10 minutes.
A cat present in the home was rescued and given oxygen by Joppa-Magnolia EMS personnel before being transported by its owner to a local veterinarian. The fire was ruled accidental due to an electrical fire in a desktop computer. Damage to the home was estimated at $15,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $10,000.
Photo courtesy of Joppa-Magnolia VFC