From Harford County Public Schools:
December 7, 2015
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Recognition: Sportsmanship and State Champions
– Ryan Burbey, HCEA: Testing
– Yvonne Golczewski, MD Coalition for Gifted and Talented Education: Gifted Education
– Mike Woosley: Calendar requests
– Accepted Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Board Meetings: November 16, 2015
– Contract Award: Playground Site Church Creek Elementary School
– Accepted Board of Education 2016 Legislative Position from Mrs. Kathy Carmello, Facilitator for Governmental Relations
– Board Information Report
– Brochure- Legislative Position
– Presentation on the Special Education Department by Dr. Susan Austin, Director of Special Education, Ms. Missy Romano, Coordinator of Elementary Special Education, and Ms. Mary Gernand, Coordinator of Secondary Special Education
– Presentation of Recommendations on HCPS Board Policies by Patrick Spicer, Esq.
– Superintendent’s Report
– Recognize and celebrate the efforts and success of the Professional Development conference held in the week prior to Thanksgiving. With over 500 options, staff had an opportunity to tailor their PD to their specific needs.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.