From Harford County government:
Bel Air, MD – September 10, 2009 – Harford Cable Network is sponsoring a design contest for a new station logo. The contest is open to the public. Logo guidelines are:
– The logo must include “Harford Cable Network” somewhere in the design.
– The logo must be submitted as a high resolution .eps or .pdf file, with all fonts outlined.
– All entries must include the name, address, phone number and email address of the contestant.
– The logo must be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
– The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 5:00pm.
– The entry must be an original design, and not a copy that may be subject to copyright laws.
– All entries will be judged on creativity, originality, aesthetics, use of space and color, and appropriateness for use on television.
– It is not necessary to subscribe to cable or have access to Harford Cable Network in order to participate in the contest.
– Harford Cable Network employees, Harford Cable Network Board Members, employees of the Harford County Council and Harford County Council Members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
All submissions become the property of Harford Cable Network. The logos will be judged by the Harford Cable Network Board of Directors at their November 12, 2009 meeting. The winner will be announced on November 13, 2009.
The winner will receive a complimentary dinner for 10 at Bonefish Grill in Bel Air. The grand prize was donated by Bonefish Grill.
Harford Cable Network is Harford County’s PEG (public access, education and government) channel. Operated by the County Council and overseen by an Advisory Board, HCN reaches more than 66,000 cable subscribers on Comcast channel 21 and Armstrong channel 7. It will also be carried on Verizon FiOS in the future.
Contact Kelly Jara, Executive Director, at 410-638-3899 with any questions.