From Harford County Public Schools:
In an effort to disseminate information to Harford County eighth graders and their parents about educational opportunities for high school, HCPS will be hosting a series of evening informational presentations and open houses at county schools beginning this month.
The objective of these meetings is to allow parents and students to take an introductory look at the magnet programs offered in Harford County, including the Science and Mathematics Academy (SMA) at Aberdeen High School, the Global Studies/International Baccalaureate Programme (GS/IB) at Edgewood High School, the Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences Program (NRAS) at North Harford High School and the nineteen career programs at Harford Technical High School.
The programs will be showcased in an informational video presentation that was produced by Harford Cable Network.
The schedule for the evening presentations is as follows:
– Sept. 23, Aberdeen High School
– Oct. 1, North Harford High School
– Oct. 6, Edgewood High School
– Oct. 14, Harford Technical High School
*All presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m. Parents and students may choose to attend any of the presentations, regardless of their districted attendance area.
Open Houses for each of the magnet programs will be held as follows:
– Oct. 21 & Oct. 27, Science & Mathematics Academy at Aberdeen High School
– Nov. 4, Global Studies/International Baccalaureate Programme at Edgewood High School
– Nov. 11, Harford Technical High School
– Nov. 17, Natural Resources and Agriculutural Sciences Program at North Harford High School
*Specific times for the Open House events will be posted on the HCPS website, www.hcps.org, as the dates approach. Attendance at the
open house is not required for application or admission to any magnet program. Applications to each of the magnet programs will be
available at www.hcps.org, no later than September 23.