From the Harford County Sheriff’s Office:
The 4th of July holiday is a time for fun, family and of course, fireworks! Unfortunately, it also tends to be a few days where there is a heightened risk for accidents. Therefore, the Harford County Sheriff’s Office is recommending some safety tips to ensure you have the safest holiday possible.
– Only use legal fireworks outdoors
– Never let children hold lit fireworks. Even sparklers can be dangerous for young children.
– Keep small children a safe distance from hot barbecue grills and outdoor fireplaces.
– Make sure that exposed skin is covered with an appropriate sun block before heading out to the parade, family picnic or other outdoor activity.
– Alcohol and fireworks don’t mix.
In Harford County, the only legal fireworks are ones such as sparklers, black snakes, party poppers and snap/pops. While festive, even these types of fireworks can pose a danger to people and property, so always have a bucket of water, or water hose, nearby.
Have a safe and festive 4th of July.
Leave a Reply