The Havre de Grace City Council will consider an ordinance Monday night setting the new water and sewer rates, and new base service charge, which will begin on July 1.
The City Water Service Rate is proposed at $4.35 per 1,000 gallons and the Sewer Service Rate is proposed at $6.50 per 1,000 gallons.
The Base Service Charge is based on the water meter size (size of the water meter, not the size fo the water lines supplying service) and is a set amount per quarter, proposed at the following levels:
– 5/8, 3/4 and 1 inch at $18.75 per quarter
– 1.5 inch at $79.50 per quarter
– 2 inch at $128.50 per quarter
– 3 inch at $208.00 per quarter
– 4 inch at $336.50 per quarter
– 6 inch at $544.40 per quarter
– 8 inch at $880.75 per quarter
Of the approximate 5,000 water meters in Havre de Grace, about 96% are meters measuring 5/8 to 1 inch. Virtually all single-family residences have meters 1 inch or less.
Also Monday night, the city council is also expected to consider a pair of resolutions formally stating the support of the city to the Susquehanna Hose Co. Inc, as the primary fire/rescue service and to the Havre de Grace Ambulance Corp., Inc. as the primary emergency medical services in the greater Havre de Grace area of Harford County.
The mayor and city council will recognize students of the month Tymia Dixon, a 4th grade student at Havre de Grace Elementary School; Julienne Berdanier, a 5th grade student at Havre de Grace Elementary School; Luke Hahn of Meadowvale Elementary School; solo and ensemble students of Havre de Grace Middle School led by Mrs. Kathy Kirchner- Boord; (Emil Brandau, Robert Bringardner, Adrienne Harris, Kaley Harris, Taylor Glassman, Isaiah Keith, Jeffrey Newton, Delis-Mattei-Lopez); and Anthony Cofrancesco of Havre de Grace High School.
Also Monday night, C. John Sullivan will be introduced as Director of Operations for the Havre de Grace Decoy Museum.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
The full agenda is listed below:
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
June 6, 2011
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Opening Prayer by: Chaplain Frank Roth of the Susquehanna Hose Company
5. Approval of the Minutes: May 16, 2011
6. Recognitions /Presentations/Proclamations:
A. Student of the Month Recognitions: (Presented by Mayor Dougherty)
1. Havre de Grace Elementary School: Tymia Dixon (4th grade student); Julienne Berdanier (5th grade student)
2. Meadowvale Elementary School: Luke Hahn
3. Havre de Grace Middle School: Solo and Ensemble Students led by Mrs. Kathy Kirchner- Boord; (Emil Brandau, Robert Bringardner, Adrienne Harris, Kaley Harris, Taylor Glassman, Isaiah Keith, Jeffrey Newton, Delis-Mattei-Lopez)
4. Havre de Grace High School: Anthony Cofrancesco
B. Mr. Jay Shipley- “Distribution System Operator of the Year”(Presented by Mayor Dougherty, Larry Parks and Bill Reeder)
1. Ms. Hollee Sifford and Ms. Tina Schaal, Havre de Grace Relay for Life
2. Mr. Larry Parks- Director Department of Public Works; (Rt. 155 and Bayview Dr)
3. Mr. Patrick Vincenti- Introduction of Mr. C. John Sullivan as Director of Operations for the Decoy Museum
8. Oath of Office:
9. Comments from Citizens on Agenda Items:
A Resolution concerning the support of Susquehanna Hose Company as the primary fire/rescue in Havre de Grace (Councilmember Miller)
A. A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF HAVRE DE GRACE MARYLAND MUNICIPAL CORPORATION TO SUPPORT THE SUSQUEHANNA HOSE CO., INC. AS THE PRIMARY FIRE / RESCUE SERVICE IN THE GREATER HAVRE DE GRACE AREA OF HARFORD COUNTY.
An Resolution concerning the support of the Havre de Grace Ambulance Corps as the primary fire/rescue in Havre de Grace (Councilmember Miller)
B. A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF HAVRE DE GRACE MARYLAND MUNICIPAL CORPORATION TO SUPPORT THE Havre de Grace Ambulance Corp., Inc. AS THE PRIMARY EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IN THE GREATER HAVRE DE GRACE AREA OF HARFORD COUNTY.
An Ordinance concerning the water and sewer rates for the fiscal year July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 (Councilmember Correri)
A. AN ORDINANCE BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF HAVRE DE GRACE ADOPTED PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY OF ARTICLE XI-E OF THE CONSTITUTION OF MARYLAND AND THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 2OF ARTICLE 23A OF THE ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND AND ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO, TITLED “CORPORATIONS – MUNICIPAL,” THE ENT ARTICLE OF THE ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND AND ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO, AND SECTION 37 OF THE CITY CHARTER, FOR THE PURPOSES OF ENACTING THIS ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING THE CITY WATER AND SEWER RATES FOR THE FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2011 TO JUNE 30, 2012.
B. An Ordinance concerning the budget for FY 2012 (First Reading) (Councilmember Craig)
AN ORDINANCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF ESTABLISHING THE ANNUAL PROJECTION OF ANTICIPATED REVENUES AND PROPOSED EXPENSES FOR THE CITY OF HAVRE DE GRACE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012 BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND ARTICLE 23A AND THE HAVRE DE GRACE CITY CHARTER SECTION 37
12. Unfinished Business/Old Business: None
13. New Business:
Special Events: (Ms. Shyla Glassman)
A. 48th Annual Havre de Grace Art Show; sponsored by Soroptimist International
B. Havre de Grace Green Expo; sponsored by HDG Main Street
C. Havre de Grace Relay for Life; sponsored by American Cancer Society
14. Director’s Report:
A. Ms. Carol Mathis – Director of Administration
B. Mr. Neal Mills-Director of Planning
C. Mr. George DeHority- Director of Finance
D. Mr. Larry Parks- Director of Department of Public Works
E. Chief Teresa Walter- Police Department
15. Business from Mayor Dougherty:
16. Business from Council:
A. Councilmember Wagner:
B. Councilmember Correri
C. Councilmember Miller:
D. Councilmember Cullum:
E. Councilmember Craig:
17. Business from Council President Martin:
18. Comments from Citizens