A Molotov Cocktail was tossed onto the front porch of a Havre de Grace home on Saturday morning; causing only minor damage to the house, but leading to an investigation by the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
At 9:01 Saturday morning, the owner of a home in the 2300 block of North Post Road in Havre de Grace discovered multiple fires on the front porch of their two-story wood framed dwelling. The fires were extinguished without injury and without the assistance of any fire departments, but caused an estimated $1,000 in damage to the house.
Upon investigation, the Stae Fire Marshal’s Office determined the multiple fires had been ignited by use of an incendiary device Molotov Cocktail and ordinary combustibles. Anyone with information concerning the above incident is as to contact the Bel Air Office of the State Fire Marshal at (410)836-4844.
In a separate incident, an unattended candle in the kitchen of a Creswell home ignited a fire on Sunday afternoon.
At 1:49 p.m. Sunday, 35 fire fighters from Aberdeen, Abingdon, Bel Air and Level volunteer fire departments responded to a one-alarm fire in the 3100 block of Nova Scotia Road in Creswell and had the blaze under control within about 10 minutes.
The fire was discovered in the kitchen by the occupant and was caused by an unattended candle. It caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the one-story, single-family dwelling and another $25,000 to its contents.
A smoke alarm was not present in the home.
There were no injuries.