From Art Stuempfle:
ATTENTION LONG TIME RESIDENTS OF EDGEWOOD!
Good News! The Arcadia Publishing company located in Mount Pleasant, SC has initiated a contract with Joe Murray, Art Stuempfle and Amy Stuempfle to publish a book about early Edgewood, MD. The book, entitled “Images of Edgewood”, will feature many pictures with descriptive captions that present our community’s development from early “pre-village of Edgewood” through the late 1970’s time frame. To make this book as informative and interesting as possible and especially to preserve the unique history of our Edgewood community, we need the assistance of long time residents and anyone with pictures of our area. We need to temporarily borrow photographs or have images scanned to Arcadia Publishing publication standards for our project to be as complete as practical. In particular we need to borrow vintage photographs of the following:
– The original Edgewood school house built in 1923
– The original Philadelphia, Wilmington & Baltimore train station in Edgewood
– Anderson’s Hardware
– Edgewood Press
– Keely Brothers Auto
– Edgewood Motorcycle Shop
– Earthwave, the Skate Board Park on Route 40
– Minature Golf Course at Harford Golf Center
– The House of Hess
– Invitation Inn
– Loughlin’s Restaurant
– Drago’s Restaurant
– L & H Cleaners
– El Dorado Motel
– Motel Chase Manor
– Bonnie Brae Diner
– Milroy’s Restaurant
– Edgewood Esso Service Station run by Daniel Morris
– Vintage Edgewood High School sports related photos such as ones that show the basketball team that won the state championship when Dudley and Charles Bradley played.
If you can please help us out in any way with pictures or know of someone who may have such vintage photographs, we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please call Art Stuempfle (pronounced ‘stem-flea’) at 410-676-3622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe at email@example.com or Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The book must be sent to the printers by April 2012 and will be available for distribution in September 2012. Please help us make this documentary book about Edgewood happen.