From the Maryland State Police, Bel Air Barrack:
Troopers from the Maryland State Police Bel Air Barrack responded to the intersection of Route 543 (Ady Road) and Walters Mill Road for a motor vehicle crash involving two vehicles.
The preliminary investigation revealed a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier was previously traveling eastbound on Walters Mill Road operated by Ms. Rachel Sue Reed (39 yoa, Conowingo, Md.).
While in the process of crossing the intersection at Rt. 543 Ms. Reed failed to observe a 2000 Honda Accord operated by Rebecca Lorrene Skrocki (20 yoa, Bel Air, Md.). Ms. Skrocki was traveling northbound on Rt. 543 prior to the collision. The Chevrolet Cavalier was then broadsided by the Honda. After the primary collision the Cavalier struck a guardrail at that location.
There were five passengers in the Cavalier:
1. Christopher Frank, 11 yoa, Conowingo resident, Cecil County (flown to R. Adams Cowley – Shock Trauma)
2. Amanda Frank, 12 yoa, Conowingo, Cecil County resident (transported by Bel Air medic to Bayview Hospital)
3. Kyle Alan Price, 17 yoa, Port Deposit, Cecil County resident (flown to R. Adams Cowley – Shock Trauma)
4. Kimberly Ann Johnson, 37 yoa, Rising Sun, Cecil County resident (transported by Bel Air medic to Bayview Hospital)
5. Jeremy Lewis Berry, 21 yoa, Aberdeen resident (flown to R. Adams Cowley – Shock Trauma).
There was one passenger in the Honda Accord:
1. Jessica Lundquist, 19 yoa, Somerset, Massachusetts resident.
Neither Ms. Skrocki or Ms. Lundquist were transported to a medical center after the collision.
Ms. Reed has been cited for causing the crash. The collision is being investigated by Sgt. Jeff Kloiber of the Bel Air Barrack.
Correction: Due to incorrect information provided by Maryland State Police, an earlier version of this story assigned an incorrect route number to Walters Mill Road.