There is little business on the agenda Monday night in Aberdeen, as the mayor and city council convene an official meeting for the final time this year.
During the light, pre-holiday session, the city’s Appearance and Preservation Committee will discuss the Christmas Street Contest and the Aberdeen Heritage Trust will present information on its city-wide Holiday Decorating Contest.
Following the meeting, the mayor and city council will host the annual Christmas Social, which is open to the public and will include refreshments.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in Aberdeen City Hall.
The full agenda is listed below:
CITY OF ABERDEEN
MONDAY, December 12, 2011
CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
Opening Prayer – Pastor Steve Lyons, Bread of Life Ministries
Pledge of Allegiance – Councilwoman Elliott
Approval of Minutes: Council Meeting, November 14, 2011
Approval of Minutes: Council Meeting November 28, 2011
1. Appearance and Preservation Committee, Christmas Street Contest
2. Heritage Trust, Holiday Decorating Contest
PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
PUBLIC COMMENT: No more than five (5) minutes shall be given to any individual speaking unless the Council determines otherwise.
LEGISLATIVE SESSION: None
BUSINESS OF THE CITY:
1. Unfinished Business
2. New Business
3. Business from Director of Planning & Community Development
4. Business from Chief of Police
5. Business from Director of Finance
6. Business from Director of Public Works
7. Business from City Manager
BUSINESS OF COUNCIL:
1. Business from the City Council
2. Business from the Mayor
Next Council Meeting: Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS SOCIAL AND REFRESHMENTS