From Del. Glen Glass:
Thank you for your support !
After many tough decisions, the hardest yet is the hotel tax legislation, which I’ve opposed. Many Republicans support it: County Executive David Craig, Senator Jacobs, Delegate Impalaria, Mayor Dougherty. Noted in the Aberdeen Patch, 11/7/11 (email@example.com, Editor Markowitz) Patrick McGrady former Mayoral candidate and Tea Party organizer supported it.
My constituent’s needs come first, so I did my research.
1. It’s not a tax on Harford citizens/hotels.
2. Businesses/hotel owners want it.
3. Harford is the only County without one.
4. At least 75% would go toward local tourism. Every dollar spent on tourism generates $28 in economic activity. Two million spent on local tourism brings $56 million/year to local economy, $560 million/ten years.
5. Harford Countians are for it.
6. Our citizens pay hotel fees when visiting other counties/states.
7. Annapolis’ Democrat leadership isn’t helping us, they eat cake, we eat crumbs. Municipalities: Aberdeen, Havre de Grace and BelAir need help – 95% of the highway user fund and other support was taken away and given to the General Fund.
Harford County has the Chesapeake Bay, Bush River, Ripken Stadium, parks, restaurants and great people and an unfair trade agreement, so I’ve decided to support a bill enabling the County Council to decide this issue – not Annapolis. I’ll offer an amendment giving a portion to the homeless and 75% to local tourism promoting our County, helping businesses and creating jobs.
I’m honored to be your Delegate & Servant,
Glen Glen.Glass@house.state.md.us or 410-841-3280