A Bel Air home sustained several thousand dollars in damage Friday after the use of a butane torch ignited an accidental blaze, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at 5:12 p.m. by the occupant of a two-story home on the 700 block of Grady Lane in Bel Air, according to a release from the state fire marshal’s office. The male occupant was using a butane torch to remove a bolt from a jet ski when the flame of the torch ignited combustible materials on the jet ski, fire marshals determined.
A total of 10 firefighters from the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company brought the blaze under control in about 10 minutes. Damage to the home was estimated at $5,000 and damages to its contents were estimated at $1,000, according to the state fire marshal’s office. No injuries were reported.