From Harford County Public Schools:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, April 8, 2013, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Witnessed a check presentation from BGE’s Smart Energy Savers Program. The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program celebrated the work HCPS has undertaken to improve energy efficiency in its schools. HCPS is on track to receive up to $1.6 million in incentives from the BGE program. The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program includes energy efficiency programs that are approved by the Maryland Public Service Commission and support the EmPOWER Maryland Energy Efficiency Act.
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– HCPS Tenure Recommendations
– Minutes of Previous Board Business Meeting: March 11, 2013
Made the following policy review decision:
– Tabled the decision on the changes requested for the Advertising (Policy No. 06-0024-000) for two weeks to allow for more discussion.
– Approved the changes to the policy entitled Memorials on School Grounds (Policy No. 06-0025-000)
– Approved the changes to the policy entitled Naming of Public School Buildings or Facilities (Policy No. 20-0024-000)
Approved a waiver on the calendar policy to extend the deadline for approval of the 2014-15 school calendar to January 1, 2014.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held on Monday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. All Board meetings are held at the A.A. Roberty Building in Bel Air. To access all future Board meeting dates, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.