From Harford County Public Schools:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, April 22, 2013, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Recognized the following:
– Donald R. Morrison – Hall of Fame
– Rebecca Gault – National Teacher Hall of Fame – Class of 2013
– Best Communities for Music Education – Mr. Jim Boord
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Monthly Report on Personnel
– Non-Retention Report – 2013
Minutes of Previous Meetings: April 8, 2013
– School Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week
– Home and Hospital Teachers Appreciation Week
– 2013 Merit Scholastic Awards
– National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
– Pupil Personnel Worker Week
– School Nurses Day
– Teacher Appreciation Week
Received the Superintendent’s Report which :
– National High School Challenge Index compiled by the Washington Post. Seven of the 10 HCPS high schools were named to the list. Please see the press release for all of the details.
– Harford County Public Schools gained national attention recently when its thirty-four elementary schools achieved the bronze level of distinction in the Healthier US School Challenge (HUSSC) by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/HealthierUS/awardwinners.html.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held on Monday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. All Board meetings are held at the A.A. Roberty Building in Bel Air. To access all future Board meeting dates, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.