An Abingdon townhouse was damaged in a Wednesday morning fire, fire officials said.
The fire was reported by a neighbor in a two-story townhouse in the 2800 block of Meredith Court shortly after 6 a.m. Wednesday morning. A total of 30 firefighters from the Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company responded and brought the blaze under control in approximately 35 minutes, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
The fire began in the attic and was traced to a malfunction in a bathroom exhaust fan. Damage to the townhouse was estimated at $25,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at an additional $25,000, fire officials said. The home’s owners were being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance and the American Red Cross.