A Whiteford home sustained severe damage in an accidental fire which broke out Friday morning, fire officials said.
The fire was discovered by a passerby in a single-story rancher home in the 2600 block of Whiteford Road in Whiteford at approximately 7:20 a.m. Friday, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 20 firefighters from the Whiteford, Norrisville, Fawn Grove, and Delta-Cardiff fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.
The fire was traced to one of the home’s bedrooms; it was determined to be accidental in nature, and was ignited by an electrical space heater being placed too close to combustible material.
Damage to the home was estimated at $50,000, and damages to its contents were estimated at $100,000, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. The sole occupant of the home was displaced and is being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance and the Red Cross.
moving companies in calgary reviews says
On account of schedule development, your organization is
likely to have the smallest achievable downtime which
will benefit you essentially the most. Buying your own home is one of the biggest
investments and commitments that most people will experience in a lifetime.
If you are not in the mood of spending much on moving, the moving service provides the facility
of a trailer.