From the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company:
An electrical fire inside a control room kept the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company and Baltimore Gas and Electric busy for about an hour this morning.
Just as the clock was striking 10:00 a.m., the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company (JMVFC) was alerted for an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals, 40 Fort Hoyle Road in Joppa. Upon arrival, Firefighters found smoke coming from a control room three stories high. During the investigation, it was determined that the fire was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) was called.
Once BGE de-energized power to the structure, the fire was extinguished. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction. The control room will require repairs before it is operational again. Firefighters cleared the scene at 11:00 a.m.
Photos courtesy of Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company