From Harford County Public Schools:
December 8, 2014
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30pm in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
– Church Creek Elementary School 5th graders: Shared what they learned at Harford Glen and how they will apply that information at Church Creek Elementary School.
Old Business: Consent Agenda
– Award of Contract: English Resources for High Schools
– Minutes of Previous Board Meeting: November 17, 2014
Decision on Proposed 2015-16 School Calendar, presented by Mrs. Jillian Lader (PASSED)
Decision on HCPS Board Policies, presented by Patrick P. Spicer, Esq. (ALL PASSED)
– Involvement of Students in Fund-Raising Activities Policy
– School Store Policy
– School Pictures Policy
– Collection of Funds from Students Policy
– Other Fund-Raising Activities Policy
– Handling the Sale of Merchandise to Students Policy
– Student Obligation for Lost and/or Damaged Property Policy
– Vendor Sales to Students (Proposed New Policy)
– Congratulations to all of those involved in the At-Promise Academy held December 3, graciously hosted by Harford Community College. 110 male students from middle and high schools across the county had an opportunity to attend this leadership academy. It was designed to elevate students across the county and was an overwhelming success. Students were provided interactive, engaging workshops with the intent to help students reach their maximum potential as responsible, respectful citizens. Workshop topics included decision making, goal setting, establishing positive relationships, and college readiness in the hopes of providing the knowledge and the skills necessary to overcome barriers and access opportunities. A special thank you to the Harford County Department of Community Services, the Office of Drug Control Policy and Harford Community College for their support and collaboration in making this event possible. The Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency worked with these departments as well as HCPS administrators, counselors, support staff, and more to make this event a success.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, December 15, 2014 at 6:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.