A Darlington home was damaged in an accidental Saturday night fire, according to fire officials.
The fire was reported by the occupant of a home in the 1600 block of Castleton Road in Darlington just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday, according to a statement from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 20 firefighters from the Darlington, Whiteford, Level, and Delta-Cardiff volunteer fire companies responded and brought the fire under control in approximately five minutes.
The fire was traced to an electrical fault in the home’s storage shed. Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $5,000, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. A family was displaced and is being assisted by relatives.