From Harford County Public Schools:
April 13, 2015
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
– Councilman David Glenn, Havre de Grace City Council: Shared disappointment in Harford County’s recent Countywide Master Plan, presented by the Jacobs Engineering Group and reported on in the media.
– Christie Rigilano: Concerns over changes to the sick leave bank policy in regards to maternity leave.
– Kayleigh Toepfer: Student who shared concerns about Havre de Grace Middle School building conditions. Would like to see new middle and high schools in Havre de Grace.
– JoAnne Toepfer: Referenced article in media about the Countywide Master Plan conducted by the County and shared concerns surrounding the article in reference to Havre de Grace schools.
– Consent Agenda:
– Decision on Award of Contract: Science Labware Supplies and Equipment
– Minutes of Previous Board Meetings: March 10, 2015 and March 23, 2105
– Action Item:
– Decision on Appointments and Promotions by Ms. Jean Mantegna
– Decision on HCPS Board Policies by Patrick P. Spicer, Esq.
Philosophy of Education Policy No. 04-0001
Curriculum Development Policy No. 04-0002
Utilization of Curriculum Materials No. 04-0003
Curriculum Design Basic Programs Policy No. 04-0004
Review and Selection of Instructional Materials Policy No. 04-0005
Educational Accountability – Operation and Management of Schools Policy No. 04-0007
– No report this evening.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, April 27, 2015 at 6:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.