From Friends of Harford:
We received the notice below from Community & Environmental Defense Services (CEDS).
Four of our directors participated in the survey last year. We are passing this opportunity along to our broader membership for this cycle. Please contact the survey leaders below at their link provided should you wish to participate.
Forwarded message follows:
“Last year the first Greater Baltimore Survey led to a doubling of two local enforcement staffs and a nine-fold improvement in mud pollution control in one watershed. With just a couple of hours of your time you could make the second survey even more successful. Following are the Surveys where vacancies still remain.
· Baltimore City, Monday, June 22nd, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Carroll County, Saturday, June 27, 10:00 AM – 1:00PM
· Carroll County, Tuesday, June 16th, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
· Carroll County, Wednesday, June 10th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Carroll County, Wednesday, June 24th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Harford County, Monday, June 15th, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
· Harford County, Saturday, June 20, 10:00 AM – 1:00PM
· Harford County, Thursday, June 11th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Harford County, Thursday, June 25th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
· Howard County, Friday, June 12th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
To register for specific survey(s) go to: GBS Registration
Further Detail Greater Baltimore Mud Pollution Control Survey
Last summer 22 local, statewide and national groups participated in the first Greater Baltimore Survey. After 33 volunteers from these groups surveyed 105 construction sites in Baltimore City and the five surrounding counties, they found that only 23% of the sites fully complied with the State law requiring the use of erosion control measures to prevent offsite mud pollution. The best jurisdiction – Harford County – achieved a 37% compliance rate and the worse – Carroll County – came in at 12%. The survey will be repeated this summer and we’re searching for volunteers. You need not have any experience or particular expertise. All you need is a desire to take an active role in curbing one of the most damaging sources of pollution. To register for the survey go to: ceds.org/gbs2015 or send an email to email@example.com. For further detail visit: ceds.org/esp or download the 2014 Greater Baltimore Survey Report at: ceds.org/esp/ES=PReport.pdf “