From Harford County Public Schools:
November 9, 2015
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
– Ryan Burbey, HCEA: To discuss standardized testing.
– Yvonne Golczewski, MD Coalition for Gifted and Talented Education: To discuss Gifted and Talented program service levels.
– Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Board Meetings: October 26, 2015
– Presentation on the Communications Office by Mrs. Jillian Lader, Manager of Communications, Mrs. Lindsay Bilodeau, Communications Specialist, Ms. Stephanie Williams, Graphic Designer/Technical Specialist, Mrs. Elizabeth Mink, Secretary and Mrs. Tracy Rickmers, Switchboard Operator
– Superintendent’s Report
– 2015 November Professional Learning Conference will reinvigorate our professional community to serve our students through self-selected sessions during the two day conference.
– PARCC results are in and Harford County is number 1 in the Baltimore Metropolitan area on the English 10 and Algebra I assessments while scoring above the state average on all assessments.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, November 16, 2015 at 6:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.