A Joppa home was damaged Sunday afternoon in an accidental fire attributed to a faulty electrical cord.
The fire was reported by the occupant of a home in the 600 block of Dembytown Road in Joppa just after 2:30 p.m., according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 30 firefighters from the Joppa-Magnolia, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Kingsville and White Marsh fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in approximately 10 minutes.
The fire was traced back to an overheated electrical cord in the home’s computer room, fire officials said. Damage to the home was estimated at $5,000, and damages to its contents were estimated at an additional $5,000.