From Harford County Public Schools:
March 7, 2016
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Recognitions – Harford County Public Schools 2016 Teacher of the Year Finalists
– Amy Beighley, Darlington Elementary School
– Sharalyn Heinly, North Harford Middle School
– Kristine Jurgs, Southampton Middle School
– Deborah Mateer, Havre de Grace High School
– Kimberly Wheeler, Magnolia Elementary School
– Mr. Ryan Burbey, HCEA President
– Consent Agenda:
– Award of Contract: A. Bright Idea- Strategic Plan Development Support
– Award of Contract: Churchville Elementary School Comprehensive Roof Replacement
– Award of Contract: Center for Educational Opportunity Air Conditioning Upgrades
– Award of Contract: Darlington Elementary School HVAC Systemic Renovation
– Award of Contract: Electronic Document Storage and Management
– Award of Contract: Furniture Acquisition for Youth’s Benefit Elementary School
– Award of Contract: Prospect Mill Elementary School HVAC Systemic Renovation and Open Space Enclosure
– Minutes of Previous Board Meetings: February 1, 2016, February 8, 2016 and February 22, 2016
– Decision on Administrative and Supervisory Appointments by Mrs. Jean Mantegna, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
– Recommendation on HCPS Board Policies by Patrick P. Spicer, Esq. and Dr. Susan Brown, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
– Controversial Issues- 04-0020-000
– Student Promotion- 04-0018-000
– Ceremonies and Observances- 04-0019-000
– Home Instruction- 04-0002-000
– Presentation: Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency by Ms. Laurie Namey, Supervisor of Equity and Cultural Proficiency, Pastor Baron D. Young, St. James AME Church and Member of the Superintendent’s Equity and Cultural Proficiency Council
– Presentation: Office of Title I by Mr. Brad Palmer, Supervisor, Mr. Thomas Webber, Assistant Supervisor, Ms. Tara Dedeaux, Principal of Bakerfield Elementary School, Ms. Jennifer Drumgoole, Principal of Edgewood Elementary School and Ms. Patricia Mason, Principal of Magnolia Elementary School
– Superintendent’s Report by Superintendent Barbara P. Canavan- Celebrate Aberdeen High School for being invited to travel with Dr. Jill Biden to Texas in order to greet returning astronauts from a year-long space mission.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, March 21, 2016 at 6:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.
RU Kidding says
Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency, suppose this office needs something to substantial its existence.
Be real says
I agree. I would love to know what “supports” means since it appears in almost every sentence. The superintendent and the BOE rubber stamps EVERYTHING. Doesn’t HCPS looks great on paper?!
Can’t wait for President Trump to do away with the US Department of Education so we can get rid of 99% of these useless Offices and their staffs.