From Harford Community College:
Dr. Dianna Phillips, President of Harford Community College, is pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees approved the following faculty promotions at its August 9 meeting to become effective August 15, 2016:
• Wayne Hepler from Associate Professor to Professor of Mass Communications
• Elizabeth Holmes from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor of Developmental English
• Christopher Jones from Associate Professor to Professor of Transitional Mathematics
• Andrew Kellett, Ph.D. from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor of History
• Sharon Stowers, Ph.D. from Associate Professor to Professor of Sociology and Anthropology
In order for a promotion to be approved, an application for promotion is first submitted by the faculty member to his or her respective division dean. A positive recommendation from the dean is forwarded to the deans’ group for their review and approval and is then forwarded to the vice president for academic affairs, who forwards his or her endorsement to the president for approval by the Board of Trustees.