Just after 9 a.m. on Tuesday, emergency responders were dispatched to the 4600 block of Annhurst Drive in Belcamp for a report of a fire in a one-story, end of the group, apartment.
The fire was discovered by a neighbor and originated in the bathroom; caused accidentally by an electrical failure.
Twenty-five firefighters from the Abingdon Fire Company responded to the single-alarm blaze and had it under control within 15 minutes.
The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal estimated the fire caused $25,000 in damage to the structure and another $25,000 in damage to its contents. No injuries were reported.
There was no sprinkler system in the apartment and a smoke alarm was present, but not working.
The occupants are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance and Red Cross.