A two-story wood framed Pylesville home was destroyed by fire this week due to a malfunction in a wood burning fireplace.
Just before 2 a.m. on Thursday, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 5300 block of Rocks Road in Pylesville for a reported dwelling fire.
The fire was discovered by the homeowner in the interior chimney and is being blamed on a malfunction within the operating wood burning fireplace.
Thirty firefighters from the Norrisville Volunteer Fire Company responded to the three-alarm blaze and had it contained within 45 minutes.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal estimated the fire caused $150,000 in damage to the structure and another $50,000 in damage to its contents. There were no injuries reported.
Additional Information: The family has been displaced due to the fire and is being assisted by family.