From the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company:
At 13:17 hrs the BAVFC was dispatched to the Harford County Office Building located at 220 South Main Street in Bel Air for an automatic fire alarm. Upon arrival the building had been evacuated and crews began their investigation where they found an odor of burning inside the structure. Command requested that a building fire assignment be filled bringing additional apparatus and personnel to the scene to assist. It was found that a relay to a heater motor had faulted in the ceiling space above the human resources office on the first floor. Crews secured the system and overhauled a small area around the relay. There were no injuries and the building was reoccupied within the hour.