A home on the 3900 block of Grimm Road in Jarrettsville was damaged by a Thursday morning fire which also caused minor injuries to the home’s owner, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Wayman Bosley sustained minor burns to his hand after he and a neighbor discovered a fire in the home’s kitchen at approximately 7:23 a.m. Thursday.
Approximately 40 firefighters from the Jarrettsville, Bel Air, Whiteford, Norrisville and Fawn Grove, Pa. fire companies were able to contain the blaze to the kitchen, and brought it under control in about 10 minutes. The Harford County Disaster Assistance Team also responded to the incident.
The cause of the fire was traced to an electrical malfunction in the kitchen, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.