From the DCW Business Organization:
DCW Christmas Village Brings the North Pole to Whiteford on December 3!
Families and children of all ages are invited to get in the ho-ho-holiday spirit at the DCW Christmas Village in Whiteford, MD on Saturday, December 3 and enjoy all sorts of festivities:
• Santa’s Caboose – Visit with Santa and tell him your Christmas wishes in a real train caboose from 10:00 to 1:00
• Elves’ Workshop – Create fun holiday crafts for yourself or for gifts
• Jingle Jangle Shop –Kid’s-only gift shop for everyone on a kid’s list – most gifts just $1-2
• Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen – Indulge in a delicious lunch and a variety of savory and sweet treats
• Village Market – Find just the right gift from area artisans, merchants and vendors
• Live Music – Enjoy live Christmas music all day, making your spirits bright
• Gift Wrapping – Have all of your gifts wrapped in exchange for a donation to local charities
Visitors will also be able to buy wreaths and Christmas trees, and purchase raffle tickets for a variety of items.
This holiday wonderland, centered in the Delta, PA, Cardiff, MD and Whiteford, MD (DCW) area, will take place rain or shine from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Backyard Boys at 2419 Whiteford Road /Rt. 136 in Whiteford, MD. (just south of Rt. 165). There will be ample parking on-site.
Everyone is encouraged to join in the fun! There is no fee to enter, and many activities are at no cost or little cost. Learn more at www.dcwbiz.org/village.html.
The Christmas Village is hosted by the DCW Business Organization, which is also sponsoring an Outdoor Decorating Contest , Letters To & From Santa, and a Community Christmas Tree. Learn more at www.dcwbiz.org/christmas.html.
Artisans, crafters, merchants or other vendors who wish to participate in the Christmas Village can fill out an form at http://www.dcwbiz.org/villagevendor11.pdf or email email@example.com by November 28.
The Christmas Village takes place concurrently with the Delta Christmas Fair, which features a tree lighting ceremony on the evening of December 2, merchant open houses, local community and church bazaars on December 3, and a Holiday Homes Tour on December 4.
DCW Business Organization was formed to promote the economic and community attributes of the Delta, PA, Cardiff, MD, and Whiteford, MD (DCW) area. Its motto is “3-2-1: three villages, two states, one community.” Through events, sponsorships, advertising and publicity, they introduce the diverse cultural, business and community offerings of the DCW area to other Maryland and Pennsylvania communities. Learn more and become a member at www.dcwbiz.org.