The Aberdeen City Council is expected to vote Monday night on an ordinance which would remove the requirement to maintain city council liasons as appointed members of certain boards and commissions.
Specifically, the ordinance would strike the requirement that a council member must be appointed to the Economic Development Commission, the Heritage Trust, and the Parks and Recreation Board.
Also Monday night, the city Director of Public Works will propose a bid to purchase a pump filter system renovation for the Swim Club pool.
Elaine Bennett and Dee Halsey will give a presentation on Relay for Life, American Cancer Society, and awards will be presented to the city Water and Wastewater staff for 100 percent compliance in 2011.
The city council will be on retreat next weekend, beginning Saturday, March 3 at 9 a.m. at Ripken Stadium’s Cal Sr. Meeting Room.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in Aberdeen City Hall.
The full agenda is listed below:
CITY OF ABERDEEN
MONDAY, February 27, 2012
Call to Order – Roll Call
Opening Prayer – Pastor Jason Evans, Riverside Community Church
Pledge of Allegiance – Councilwoman Elliott
Approval of Minutes: Council Meeting, February 13, 2012
1. Relay for Life, American Cancer Society – Elaine Bennett, Dee Halsey
2. Awards to Water & Wastewater Staff – 100% Compliance for 2011
PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
PUBLIC COMMENT: No more than five (5) minutes shall be given to any individual speaking unless the Council determines otherwise.
1. Ordinance No. 12-O-03, Amendment to the Code, Council Liaisons, Chapters 30, 61, 108 (For Adoption)
BUSINESS OF THE CITY:
1. Unfinished Business
2. New Business
3. Business from Director of Planning & Community Development
4. Business from Chief of Police
5. Business from Director of Finance
6. Business from Director of Public Works
a. Bid No. SC 12-01, Swim Club Pool Pump Filter System Renovation
7. Business from City Manager
BUSINESS OF COUNCIL:
1. Business from the City Council
2. Business from the Mayor
Council Retreat: Saturday, March 3, 2012; Ripken Stadium, Cal Sr.’s Meeting Room; 9:00 a.m.
Next Council Work Session: Monday, March 5, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Next Council Meeting: Monday, March 26, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
Leave a Reply