From the Harford County Board of Education:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, June 10, 2013, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Due to the tornado watch that the Bel Air area was placed under this afternoon/evening, the recognition of the 2013 MPSSAA Interscholastic State/Regional Champions and Sportsmanship Awards were cancelled for this evening in the interest of student safety.
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Board Meeting: May 28, 2013
– Minutes of Previous Closed Session: June 3, 2013
– Decision on Department of Special Education Contracts for Related Service Providers
Approved the following transfers between state category budgets:
– Maintenance of Plant (Budget Line Item 110) to Operation of Plant (Budget Line Item 111) of $250,000
– Instructional Salaries (Budget Line Item (103) – $250,000) to Other Instructional Costs (Budget Line Item 105 – $200,000) and Student Services (Budget Line Item 107 – $50,000)
– Fixed Charges (Budget Line Item 112 – $100,000) and Operation of Plant (Budget Line Item 110 – $75,000) to Other Instructional Costs (Budget Line Item 105 – $175,000).
Approved the amended FY14 Unrestricted Budget of $424,737,271. Many amendments were proposed and approved to implement reductions to programs and increase revenue generation with fees. The HCPS Budget Office is currently preparing the updated budget documents with all of the amendments listed as approved. The updated information will be posted tomorrow morning to the school system website (www.hcps.org) and will be sent to this distribution group via email as soon as it posted.
Received the Superintendent’s Report which includes:
– Congratulating our graduates and their families on their accomplishments and thanking Harford Community College for the use of the new APGFCU Arena for graduations.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held on Monday, June 24th, at 6:30 p.m. All Board meetings are held at the A.A. Roberty Building in Bel Air. To access all future Board meeting dates, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.