The Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford County is pleased to present our 1st Annual Art Show at Arts by the Bay in Havre de Grace. The Art Show is scheduled for Tuesday, April 21st from 6 to 8 PM with a ribbon cutting ceremony scheduled at 5:45 PM. The event is free and is open to the public. This Art Show will feature award winning artwork produced by youth at each of the 4 Harford County Boys & Girls Clubs- Aberdeen, Bel Air, Edgewood and Havre de Grace.
Featured artists will include:
· Jesse, a 12 year old artist from the Aberdeen Club. Jesse’s artwork won national recognition in 2007 and regional recognition in 2008. He has also won many awards locally for his art work.
· Makeda, a 13 year old artist from the Aberdeen Club. She will be doing a pastel demonstration. Makeda has been involved with the Clubs since 2003 and is involved in many of the art programs offered at the Club.
· Julianna, a 9 year old artist from Aberdeen. She will be showing off her award winning pastel “Cheers”. Julianna has been a Club member for 4 years and participates in all available art programs. Limited edition prints of this artwork will be available for purchase.
· Addie is an 8 year old Artist from Bel Air. She has been involved with the Bel Air Club for 3 years. In addition to drawing and painting, Addie enjoys math and is a good student at Homestead Wakefield Elementary
· Lexsis, a 10 year old member of the Aberdeen Club. She is in the 5th grade at Hall Cross Roads Elementary School and has been attending the Boys & Girls Club for 2 years. She is very involved in the art programs and has won numerous awards at the local level.
· Jermail, a 14 year old freshman at Joppatowne High School. At the Club you will always find Jermail in the Teen Center focusing on his artwork or helping out with Power Hour. When asked why he loves art, Jermail states, “I like the creativity and concentration it takes to make good art”.
· Daija, a 10 year old artist at our Havre de Grace Club. She has been coming to the Club for 5 years and is very interested in the arts. The picture Daija submitted is “of a sunshine. The sun makes me happy and I like to draw happy pictures. I used pastels to make my picture because they are not as messy as paint”. Daija likes to draw, read books and sing.
Lisa Hammond, Director of Arts & Sciences for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford County is very excited about the upcoming show. “This will give our Club members the chance to show off their talents. At the Clubs, we know how talented our kids are. Now we will be able to share this with the public.”
Arts by the Bay has generously donated space for this art show. Arts by the Bay is located at:
500 Warren Street
Havre de Grace, MD 21078
Gifts will be provided to the first 25 guests. Light refreshments will be served.